Job and Task Analysis
This chapter will enable you to accomplish the following:
- Define a job and task analysis.
- Recognize when to use a job and task analysis.
- Recognize benefits and drawbacks of the approach.
- Identify critical success factors for doing a job and task analysis.
- Identify key elements, including job responsibilities and job tasks.
- Examine three phases for conducting a job and task analysis.
- Identify shortcuts to the process.
- Examine how a job and task analysis was conducted at Boehringer Mannheim Corporation.
RELATED TOOLKIT JOB AIDS
The following job aids for use with the material in this chapter are available in the Needs Assessment Toolkit, which can be found in Section Four of this book: