Ideas and Models That Guide Practice
This chapter will enable you to accomplish the following:
- Recognize the difference between needs and wants.
- Identify different kinds of needs.
- Recognize different kinds of assessments.
- Recognize the thought leaders in the needs assessment field.
- Understand how the world views that clients and other stakeholders use influence needs assessment.
- Consider the recent changes in our understanding of performance, learning, and training.
RELATED TOOLKIT JOB AIDs
The following job aids for use with the material in this chapter are available in the Needs Assessment Toolkit, Section Four of this book.
- Tools and Strategies for Assessing Systems
- Advances Over Time in Knowledge About Learning, Training, ...