Useful Business Phrases
This chapter provides you with the most common business phrases that are often used in business correspondence. These phrases are divided into sections according to their purpose. The idea is that you can copy them directly into your day-to-day business correspondence.
Common business phrases
1. Referring to a previous communication
3. Referring to a negative issue
4. Enclosing documents
9. Closing phrases
1. Referring to a Previous Communication
- With reference to your [fax / memo / e-mail] dated [ ] regarding …
- I/We refer to your [fax / memo / e-mail] dated [ ] regarding …
- Further to our [telephone conversation /discussions], this is to inform you that …
- With reference to your [fax / memo / e-mail] dated [ ], we are glad to inform you that …
Below are five examples on how to use the above business phrases:
With reference to your e-mail dated January 24, 20xx please find attached our comments regarding last week’s development seminar.
We refer to your comments regarding the fire extinguishers which were raised by the safety team after the last safety inspection. I am pleased to report that all fire extinguishers have been re-positioned and are ...