Safari is busily rethinking and rebuilding our product set, company website, brand identity, and the entire way we communicate with our customers. And we want to hire a remarkable copywriter to play a central role in how we delight the next million customers.
In the past six months, we have launched two new products and committed to a bold new initiative. Our new flagship, Safari Flow, helps people learn by recommending chapters from the world’s best technology, business, and design library. Our second new product, Safari Tutorials, is a lightweight alternative to enterprise learning that’s taking everything we’ve learned about consumer engagement and bringing it to corporate learning. Finally, we pledged with the White House in January to give access to over $100,000,000 worth of books to every school in America to help kids learn how to master technology.
The next six months are going to be even busier, and we need you to help us articulate ourselves in the best possible way to the widest audience, through all of our products.
You will be an extremely autonomous craftsperson who simultaneously delights in your work and understands when your words aren’t working. You’re borderline rabid about testing and incremental improvements, and are equally obsessive about quality and tone of voice. But your attention to detail won’t get in the way of you shipping words or trying out new things. Ideally, you’ll be as happy in GitHub as you are in WordPress, Google Docs, and Twitter.
You’ll help lead the charge on end-to-end product language for new customers coming to us from search or ads, all the way through our marketing content, into the product onboarding, and to our engagement emails and beyond.
You will need to thrive in a dynamic workplace while completing successful projects on tight deadlines.
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle from conceptual design through release to make sure the language in each product is clear, direct, and persuasive
- Partner with designers, engineers, and the product team throughout the product development process to write and edit text for our products and features with a strong focus on the user
- Perform A/B and multivariate testing on copy, measuring and iterating as you go
- Write brief, persuasive, focused text that keeps users engaged and encourages adoption of product features
- Recommend and implement new strategies for communicating product-related information to our users
- Help establish content style guides and consistent terminology
The UX Copywriter will report to the Program Manager. This position may be based in San Francisco, Boston, or remote.