Our website is getting a facelift. Are you up for the challenge?
Safari Books Online is looking for a highly entrepreneurial product manager with strong marketing, analytical, collaborative, and problem-solving skills to lead our company website redevelopment project.
As the Website Product Manager, you will own the company marketing website as a multimillion dollar business, driving growth through acquisition and conversion into specific areas of the business. You’ll take sole responsibility for increasing key metrics (including traffic, conversion, engagement, and revenue), through an always-changing combination of modern marketing techniques.
If you’re obsessed with marketing and web commerce, this could be the opportunity for you. You will work across the organization, with daily exposure to both senior leadership and customers to develop a highly focused and profitable website across all our customer segments. Overall web strategy is an important piece to this role, but you’ll measure success via metrics on the corporate website.
In this role, you will show product leadership and have a broad remit to grow our inbound funnel through:
- Conversion rate optimization
- Inbound marketing (paid and organic)
- SEO, SEM, and landing pages
- Content marketing
- Any other means you deem necessary
This is an exciting opportunity for a multi-skilled candidate who wants to revamp a web commerce business that is at the leading edge of digital publishing. Be prepared to thrive in a dynamic workplace while completing successful projects on tight deadlines.
In this position, we’re looking for you to:
- Get things done quickly, decisively, and effectively
- Work very close with engineering, project management, marketing sales, design, QA, and other teams
- Be comfortable in planning and running two-week sprints with small teams
- Manage and prioritize web requests with an overarching, strategic plan
- Be equally obsessed with growth and moving the needle in the right direction
- Experiment wildly and rapidly, while staying on-brand
- Think creatively, making ideas reality by testing ideas without needing help from others—yet know when the right time is to engage the marketing or engineering team to make bigger ideas a reality
- Happily span Google Analytics, KissMetrics, Optimizely, and other tools finding statistical insights and rapidly testing hypotheses to dig into those insights
- Juggle multiple stakeholder demands, while remaining laser-focused on your own priorities
- Know how to position our product offering to optimize web traffic and, ultimately, revenue
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (not boilerplate; we do a lot of writing!)
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years experience in web commerce product management and digital marketing
- Deep familiarity with SalesForce, Marketo, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, AdWords, KissMetrics, Optimizely, and other CRO tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
Safari offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. This position can be based in either Boston, Tempe, or San Francisco and will report to our Director of Marketing.
Ready to get started? Apply today.