Welcome to session 5 of our Introductory Python “Bootcamp,” our week-long blog series that explores the key concepts behind this popular and flexible programming language.
New to the bootcamp? Start with Session 1.
Open a Safari trial account to access the Bootcamp books and videos.
Welcome to the home stretch!
Over the past four sessions, you have learned the fundamental building blocks of Python. In Session five, you will synthesize what you have learned in order to solve different real-world problems. We will introduce ways of working with databases and effective debugging, and focus on exercises that apply all of the concepts taught in sessions 1-4.
Putting it all together
Start with these short videos.
From Python Guide for the Total Beginner LiveLessons
- Lesson 4 Learning Objectives (00:23)
- 4.1 Manage a program’s files (8:16)
- 4.2 Share data with JSON (6:54)
- 4.3 Store data in databases (8:35)
- 4.4 Use advanced queries in databases (7:36)
- Lesson 6 Learning Objectives (00:31)
- 6.1 Save your code the right way (9:06)
- 6.2 Fix problem code (6:21)
- 6.3 Learn more about Python (7:12)
From Quickstart Python
Test your mettle
- Exercise 45. You Make a Game
- Exercise 46. A Project Skeleton
- Exercise 47. Automated Testing
- Exercise 48. Advanced User Input
- Exercise 49. Making Sentences
- Exercise 50. Your First Website
- Exercise 51. Getting Input from a Browser
- Exercise 52. The Start of Your Web Game
Congrats! You have successfully completed the Safari Flow Introductory Python Bootcamp! Job well done!
We want to hear from you!
We’d love to hear your feedback about this bootcamp or other topics you’d like to learn. Tell us what you think in the comments below.