We currently have a job opening at Safari Books Online for a Senior Systems Engineer:
Sr. Systems Engineer
Design, build and maintain systems infrastructure for Cloud, Virtualized, and Physical IT environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Systems Engineer duties involve:
- Design solutions in Linux & SAN environments that include Corporate, Data Warehouse, Test, and Production systems.
- Design, architect and engineer highly available, reliable and scalable infrastructure to support worldwide online operations.
- Develop and maintain monitoring to ensure up-time and SLA levels.
- Identify, drive and implement process and technology improvements. Effectively manage projects as necessary.
Components include (but not limited to): servers, storage, network, software, licenses, monitoring tools.
Additional tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in data center operations required.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, customer service skills
- Ability to contribute as a technical resource for others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Expertise in system engineering, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, and security procedures.
- Experience with Network architecture including load balancers, switches, and routers.
- Experience with:
- Cloud hosting (Rackspace and aws)
- Enterprise storage and disk subsystems
- VMware Cluster management, troubleshooting
- Production monitoring
- Backup systems
- SAN based storage.
- Nagios, Munin, Splunk
- DNS, SSL, SSH, XML, JDBC, SNMP, IPSEC and other protocols
- Python and Bash scripting.
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- VMWare (vSphere Enterprise Suite)
- SAN (iSCSI)
- Networking (Firewalls, VPN, pfSense)
- Windows 2kX Servers and Active Directory Management
- MS SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Send resume to email@example.com
Because creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care and pride in how we attract, hire and support our employees. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, company paid dental and vision, short and long-term disability, matching 401K, domestic partner coverage and paid time off.
If you are looking for an employment opportunity where collaboration, excellence, passion and commitment are the priority, check out these job openings at Safari Books Online.