We currently have a job opening at Safari Books Online for a Data Warehouse Developer/Data Architect:
Data Warehouse Developer/Data Architect
Data Warehouse Developer/Data Architect with very strong data integration skills to design data models, schemas, ETL, Ad-Hoc Queries, build dynamic/interactive reports, and contribute to the design and development of our delivery platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other purposes.
- Technical leadership role in the data warehouse and enterprise modeling efforts
- Technical leadership to establish, define, maintain and communicate data architecture reference architectures, guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Technical leadership for solution architecture development and review with regard to data integration architecture design and implementation
- Own and manage the conceptual and logical data models for the DW and other data platforms
- Own the data dictionary, data repository and data governance
- Provide technical database leadership to DBAs.
- Interacting with client, functional experts and developers to understand the system requirements.
- Guide the development and implementation database administration and operational procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Designing and developing Business Intelligence and data warehouses
- Exemplary writing skills with a strong ability to communicate project status
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, stored procedure optimization, and triggers
- Expert in the creation, maintenance, and tuning of ETL jobs to populate the data warehouse
- Strong Experience with MySQL, Pentaho, SQL Server, Data modeling, BI,
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related degree
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Because creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care and pride in how we attract, hire and support our employees. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, company paid dental and vision, short and long-term disability, matching 401K, domestic partner coverage and paid time off.
If you are looking for an employment opportunity where collaboration, excellence, passion and commitment are the priority, check out these job openings at Safari Books Online.