QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
This position is located in Sebastopol, CA.
Safari Books Online is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Sebastopol. The ideal candidate will provide Quality Assurance of web-based software products in an ecommerce environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Perform Quality Assurance testing of web-based and ecommerce software products, including acceptance, functional, integration, regression, and post-implementation testing.
- Define, develop, implement, and execute test plans that include the use of automated scripts to validate functionality against requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive test automation suite and associated environment.
- Interpret and provide feedback on product requirements documentation, and associated test and schedule implications.
- Provide feedback to product managers on product usability, functionality, and quality.
- Serve as escalation resource for support staff in analyzing software defects reported by customers.
- Develop and document clear and concise defect reports, and validate bug fixes.
- Monitor, track, and report test and coverage status and statistics.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of web-related standards and technologies, including HTTP, HTML, XML, XSL.
- Familiarity with basic security and networking concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge of popular mobile devices and platforms.
- Ability to quickly absorb product specific technical information in a rapidly changing environment.
- Five or more years related work experience, with at least 3 years in a software QA role.
- Fluent in SQA concepts, methodology, and tools, including programmatic-level testing and automation.
- Experience with full lifecycle test management in an ecommerce environment.
- Broad experience in software testing, automated testing, best practices, and related technologies.
- Ability to develop, execute, and maintain test plans and test cases.
- Experience with automated testing of web based applications (front and back end systems)
- Experience with scripted automated testing of web and mobile applications.
- Experience with load and performance testing of web and mobile applications.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and evolving workflows.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, sense of urgency, and with a positive can-do attitude.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and from various backgrounds.
Pleases forward resumes of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org