Marketing Coordinator (Events)
Position is located in Sebastopol, CA
Detail-oriented marketing coordinator responsible for assisting with management and implementation of event marketing, social media correspondence, and creation and distribution of sales support materials.
- Conduct and summarize event research to determine best tradeshows, virtual shows, regional events and webcasts in which Safari Books Online should participate.
- Maintain and regularly update master event spreadsheet, including costs, audience demographics, results,etc.
- Report on revenue and ROI from events and webcasts quarterly.
- Manage backup and saving of webcast recordings, videos and other key materials to marketing drive.
- Maintain collateral binder containing revision notes and communicate changes with the Marketing Operations Manager
- Act as correspondent for all social media outlets as needed to promote events.
- Track product enhancement requests emanating from social media outlets and ensure they are incorporated in product process. Develop a process for collecting enhancements from customer service and incorporate in this overall effort.
- Produce and manage collateral, sales tools, and trade show deliverables in support of product launches and key marketing initiatives Manage event logistics and creation of signage and materials as needed, at direction of Marketing Operations Manager.
- Ensure proper tracking of event campaigns including webcast invitations and tradeshow follow-up letters
- Manage customer advisory meeting logistics.
- Assist in identifying and managing vendors and agency resources; monthly accounting
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Collect customer references and quotes and maintain collection binder
- Support outside Sales team with event needs, guidance and recommendations
- Willingness and ability to travel and work tradeshows
- Other activities and projects within the Marketing Department as necessary
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience in marketing communications or related area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required.
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office, including proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong and proven project management skills
- Extremely organized with the ability to work independently
- Ability to lift boxes and tradeshow materials up to 50 pounds.
- Highly resourceful with exemplary problem-solving abilities