Exclusive Content Sneak Peek for Safari Books Online Subscribers.
While the rest of the world waits until October 2009, Safari subscribers can begin reading The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid, 5th Anniversary Edition now!
Five years ago, at the Bottom of the Pyramid, by C.K. Prahalad, showed companies how they could reignite profits and growth by serving the world’s five billion poorest people. Hundreds of firms have successfully taken that path — building large, profitable businesses that are reducing poverty and eliminating human misery at the same time.
Now, Prahalad has updated his extraordinary book to reflect the lessons of the past five years: business-building strategies, techniques, and innovations proven to work in emerging markets. The fortune at the bottom of the pyramid: doing well by doing good or doing good by doing well!
Prahalad, who was named #1 in the Thinkers’ 50 survey conducted by The Times, updates his book to give readers a picture of how this idea is being implemented in poor regions around the world.
- How to serve the world’s poorest people and still make a profit
- New strategies and tactics for building winning businesses in today’s
- New bottom of the pyramid trends in technology, healthcare, consumer
goods, finance, and beyond
- Insights from top CEOs succeeding in emerging markets
- New and updated case studies — from Reuters’ data services for farmers
to Jaipur Rugs’ revolutionary supply chain