The web-based method to validate ePub files against epubcheck has been updated in a number of ways:
- The underlying version of epubcheck has been upgraded to 1.0 RC
- The timeout for large file uploads has been increased to 5 minutes, to allow for processing of larger files
- A bug has been fixed which prevented the service from displaying large numbers of errors
Additionally, the tei2epub library which bundles epubcheck has also been updated to include 1.0 RC.
Two likely future developments:
- A RESTful web service to allow documents to be validated by other programs
- A native Python port of epubcheck, to allow it to be directly embedded in other Python applications rather than calling out to Java