Slice the Cake
When faced with a large story, there are normally many ways of breaking it into smaller pieces. The first inclination of many developers is to split the story along technical lines. For example, suppose the team has decided that the story “A Job Seeker can post a resume” is simply too large to fit in the current iteration and must be split. The developers may want to split it along technical boundaries, such as:
- A Job Seeker can fill out a resume form.
- Information on a resume form is written to the database.
In this case, one story would be done in the current iterat...
- Chapter 7. Guidelines for Good Stories
- from User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
- Released: March 2004
slice the story into things that work for the user
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/user-stories-applied/53939/