At the beginning of every agenda item or facilitated process, it is important to take a checkpoint by doing the following:
- Review. Review quickly what has been done to date.
- Preview. Describe briefly what the group is about to do.
- Big view. Explain how the previewed agenda item fits into the overall objective of the session.
I will use the foll...
- Chapter V: The Secrets to Focusing
- from The Secrets of Facilitation: The SMART Guide to Getting Results with Groups, New and Revised
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Released: October 2012
The lesson “Set Ground Rules” demonstrated how reminding participants of meeting guidelines can help keep the meeting on course. In this lesson, discover another technique for moving the agenda forward—by using checkpoints.
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/the-secrets-of/84046/