This chapter introduced the learning and performance ecosystem concept and described the LMS role within the broader ecosystem model. The key takeaways are:
- Training is not the only way people learn. We also learn through practicing and gaining experience, using tools and resources, completing self-directed study and research, observing and networking with others, and consulting with experts.
- Academic education programs are becoming increasingly experiential. Corporate L&D organizations are shifting from a focus on learning to a focus on job performance and productivity.
- Learning and performance ecosystem solutions can consist...
- Chapter 12: The LMS’s Role in the Learning and Performance Ecosystem
- from The LMS Guidebook: Learning Management Systems Demystified
- Publisher: Association for Talent Development
- Released: December 2017
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/the-lms-guidebook/13366520/