WMI handles requests from management applications as follows:
1. A management application submits a request to the WMI infrastructure, which passes the request to the appropriate provider. (The next section of this chapter describes WMI providers.)
2. The provider handles the interaction with the system resources and returns the resulting response to WMI.
3. WMI passes the response back to the calling application. This may be actual data about the resource or the result of a request operation.
Figure 3.1 shows this basic data flow in WMI.
- 3 Looking Inside Configuration Manager
- from System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch Unleashed, First Edition
- Publisher: Sams
- Released: April 2018
WMI handles requests from management applications
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/system-center-configuration/17511089/