1. Database refactoring. Evolve an existing database schema a small bit at a time to improve the quality of its design without changing its semantics.
2. Evolutionary data modeling. Model the data aspects of a system iteratively and incrementally, just like all other aspects of a system, to ensure that the database schema evolves in step with the application code.
3. Database regression testing. Ensure that the database schema actually works.
4. Configuration management of database artifacts. Your data models, database tests, test data, ...
- Chapter 1: Evolutionary Database Development
- from Refactoring Databases: Evolutionary Database Design
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
- Released: March 2006
Ingredients for Database Refactoring summarised ..
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/refactoring-databases-evolutionary/76688/