The SL4A system is suited for the following kinds of tasks:
- RAD programming: With SL4A it is possible to use a rapid application development (RAD) approach to quickly create a prototype application that allows you to test the feasibility of an idea. Once the practicality of the application is confirmed, you can create a full-blown Android application.
- Writing test scripts: Assuming that the supporting Android APIs are exposed to SL4A, it can be used to create test scripts for other functionality.
- Building utilities: You can fairly easily and quickly write utility and tool scripts that do small jobs or automate certain aspects of repet...
- Chapter 5: Introducing SL4A: The Scripting Layer for Android
- from Practical Android Projects
- Publisher: Apress
- Released: February 2011
Full support for #Python packages on Android?
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/practical-android-projects/2731/