most projects have the following characteristics in common:
- In the beginning of the project life cycle, when the project is initiated, costs are low, and few team members are assigned to the project.
- As the project progresses, costs and staffing increase and then taper off at closing.
- The potential that the project will come to a successful ending is lowest at the beginning of the project; its chance for success increases as the project progresses through its phases and life cycle stages.
- Risk is highest at the beginning of the project and gradually decreases the closer the project comes to completion.
- Stakeholders have the greatest chance of influencing the project and...
- Chapter 1: What Is a Project?
- from PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide, 7th Edition
- Publisher: Sybex
- Released: July 2013
What are project characteristics?
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/pmp-project-management/13104/