- 3. Inter-Service Communication
- from Microservices for the Enterprise: Designing, Developing, and Deploying
- Publisher: Apress
- Released: November 2018
If these are my choices then I see no means to take action.
- query will tell me what my data entity contains.
- mutation will allow me to change my data entity.
- subscription will call me back when my data entity changes.
Only in this last instance does there appear to be any possibility of the microservices using the GraphQL service API to affect anything across the cyber-physical boundary. And that is a call back to me, so it just puts the ball back in the upstream microservice's court. It does nothing itself, can it do anything on its own?
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/microservices-for-the/20485738/