Points to Remember
• Develop a phone-screen script for each open position.
• Ask elimination-factor questions and determine essential skills, qualities, and preferences during the phone-screen to help decide whether an in-person interview is merited.
• Ask the same questions of all applicants for a given position.
• End the phone-screen if the candidate doesn’t pass your elimination-factors questions.
• Conduct phone-screens that are as short as five to fifteen minutes as you search for candidates wo...
- 8. Creating and Using Phone-Screens
- from Hiring the Best Knowledge Workers, Techies & Nerds: The Secrets & Science of Hiring Technical People
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
- Released: July 2013
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/hiring-the-best/352107/