Because of the topic-based structure of DITA, you can more easily reuse entire topics by inserting them in multiple DITA maps. Reusing topics is handy when you want to:
• Reuse topics that contain boilerplate text, such as topics that contain legal information. For content that needs to be customized, we recommend creating a DITA template that writers can then customize and make unique for each information set.
• Reuse a topic in the same information set, such as a procedure that must be done in multiple task flows or scenarios.
• Add the same topic in d...
- Chapter 10. Content Reuse
- from DITA Best Practices: A Roadmap for Writing, Editing, and Architecting in DITA
- Publisher: IBM Press
- Released: September 2011
This is the key: topics by preference should be the first reuse method you consider, so that you can obtain maximum scalability by keeping maintenance costs low
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/dita-best-practices/18184163/