• Can I exactly reproduce any of my environments, including the version of the operating system, its patch level, the network configuration, the software stack, the applications deployed into it, and their configuration?
• Can I easily make an incremental change to any of these individual items and deploy the change to any, and all, of my environments?
• Can I easily see each change that occurred to a particular environment and trace it back to see exactly what the change was, who made it, and when they made it?
• Can I satisfy all of the compliance regulations that I am subject to?
- Chapter 2. Configuration Management
- from Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation, Video Enhanced Edition
- Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
- Released: July 2010
Conditions to satisfy for configuration management
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/continuous-delivery-reliable/75460/