1. Volume. Big Data comes in one size: large. Enterprises are awash with data, easily amassing terabytes and even petabytes of information.
2. Variety. Big Data extends beyond structured data to include unstructured data of all varieties: text, audio, video, click streams, log files, and more.
3. Veracity. The massive amounts of data collected for Big Data purposes can lead to statistical errors and misinterpretation of the collected information. Purity of the information is critical for value.
4. Velocity. Often time sensitive, Big Data ...
- Chapter 1: What is Big Data?
- from Big Data Analytics: Turning Big Data into Big Money
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
- Released: November 2012
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/big-data-analytics/332/