Some of the things you need to remember for configuring these camera parameters are:
- The higher the resolution, the lower will be your frame rate, which means your application might look prettier if things do not move fast in the image, but will run more slowly. In contrast, you can have an application running fast but your image will look "blocky" (pixelated effect).
- If the white balance is not set properly, the appearance of digital models overlaid on the video image will not match and the AR experience will be diminished.
- If the focus changes all the time (autofocus), y...
- 2. Viewing the World
- from Augmented Reality for Android Application Development
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Released: November 2013
There are other major characteristics of the camera that are not available through the API (or only on some handheld devices), but are important to be considered during the development of your AR application. They are field of view, exposure time, and aperture.
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/augmented-reality-for/471127/