- 12. SWOT Analysis
- from Analysis Without Paralysis: 12 Tools to Make Better Strategic Decisions, Second Edition
- Publisher: Pearson Business
- Released: September 2012
You've heard of analysis paralysis: the process of spending so much time thinking about something that nothing actually gets done? It's one of the reasons J. C. Larreche in the earlier selection on gathering insights was so keen on getting managers out from behind their laptops and spreadsheets and out into the real world. Well, here's some practical advice from a book called Analysis Without Paralysis to help you make sure that your SWOT analysis actually leads to action.
It's a three step process:
- List and evaluate SWOT elements.
- Analyze and rank factors.
- Identify a strategic fit, and develop a strategy to improve matches.
And finally things get clever....
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/analysis-without-paralysis/92780/