Ethan Marcotte, author of Responsive Web Design, provides an excellent walk-through of responsive design techniques, utilizing
• Flexible grids that expand or contract content based on screen resolution
• Flexible images that decrease in size on smaller screens or increase to a set maximum size on larger screens
• Media queries, which are elements of code that can be placed in a site’s HTML and stylesheet. These queries gather information about a device’s display capabilities and use them to serve up different styles accordingly.
- 2. The Project Ecosystem: Planning for Project Needs, Roles, and Culture
- from A Project Guide to UX Design: For user experience designers in the field or in the making, Second Edition
- Publisher: New Riders
- Released: March 2012
Key techniques in responsive design.
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/a-project-guide/379002/