A pilot participant session is conducted as an actual study session to check the timings and feasibility of the tasks. This person ideally is recruited along with regular participants so that the pilot’s characteristics come as close to the participant profile as possible. In general, we recommend devoting about 10% of the resources for any given study to pilot testing to make sure that you are evaluating the right thing (and thus spending your remaining 90% correctly).
- Planning Your Recruiting Needs
- from 233 Tips and Tricks for Recruiting Users as Participants in Usability Studies
- Publisher: New Riders
- Released: February 2010
Share this highlighthttp://www.safaribooksonline.com/a/233-tips-and/29971/