You are here
Safari Books Online's Complimentary Fall Webcast Series Focuses On Building iPhone Apps, and Rails 3
Participants To Interact With Authors Jonathan Stark and Obie Fernandez
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. – Oct. 18, 2010
Safari Books Online ( www.safaribooksonline.com), the leading on-demand digital library for technology, digital media and business professionals, today announced the fall schedule for its 2010 Webcast Series, designed to inform and inspire participants with lively presentations and helpful question and answer sessions.
Webcasts for this fall include:
- Tuesday, December 7, 10 a.m. PT – The Rails 3 Way, 2nd Edition – Author Obie Fernandez
Safari Books Online webcasts are free and carefully selected to meet the needs of the Safari Books Online community. Anyone can register for one or more complimentary webcasts by visiting http://bit.ly/cB7NOO. The presenters and authors, closely involved in the webcasts’ creation and delivery, share information that arms the participants with the tools and knowledge necessary to make a positive impact on their work, project or hobby. Autographed copies of the book that is being discussed during the webcast will be given away to 10 attendees and every webcast participant receives 45 days of complimentary access to the book on Safari Books Online.
“Our goal with this series is to provide users with some extra motivation and additional information about topics that are of interest, and we are pleased to offer our next webcasts on such hot, popular topics as iPhone apps and Rails 3,” said Robyn Smith, marketing operations manager, Safari Books Online.
Webcasts planned for January and February are Patterns-Based Engineering by Lee Ackerman and UNIX and Linux System Administration by Trent R. Hein and Ben Whaley.
Safari Books Online archives previous webcasts on its website where anyone can view them at any time for free at http://bit.ly/wjNBJ. Available webcasts include those presented earlier this year:
- Advanced .NET Debugging, Featuring: Mario Hewardt
- Cloud Computing and SOA Convergence in Your Enterprise, Featuring: David Linthicum
- The Sustainable Network, Featuring: Sarah Sorensen
- Cocoa Programming, Featuring: David Chisnall
- Black Belt Joomla to Power Successful Websites, Featuring: Barrie North
- Do What You Love and Let Your Talents Work For You, Featuring: Paula Caligiuri
- Excel 2010 In Depth, Featuring: Bill Jelen
- The Beauty and Power of NSObject, Featuring: Aaron Hillegass
- Jump Start Your On-Demand Learning Strategy! Featuring: David Mallon, Senior Analyst- Bersin & Associates
- The Top 25 New Features In Office 2010, Featuring: J. Peter Bruzzese
- Development with the Force.com Platform: Building Business Apps in the Cloud, Featuring: Jason Ouellette
- The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web, Featuring: Tamar Weinberg
About Safari Books Online
Safari Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com) is an on-demand digital library that delivers expert content in both book and video form from the world’s leading authors in technology and business. Technology professionals, software developers, web designers, and business and creative professionals use Safari Books Online as their primary resource for research, problem solving, learning and certification training.
Safari Books Online offers a range of product mixes and pricing programs for organizations, government agencies and individuals. Subscribers have access to thousands of books, training videos and prepublication manuscripts in one fully searchable database from publishers like Cisco Press, Prentice Hall Professional, O'Reilly Media, Addison-Wesley Professional, Microsoft Press, Sams, Que, Peachpit Press, John Wiley & Sons, Elsevier, IBM Press, Adobe Press, FT Press, Apress, Manning, New Riders, Apple Certified, Course Technology, Splash Media and dozens more. For more information about Safari Books Online, please visit us online.