You are here
On-demand access to the information and learning resources you need.
Whether you have been handed additional responsibility at work and need to quickly come up to speed with your new challenges or you would like to explore an area of personal interest like digital photography, Safari Books Online is the logical choice.
Safari Books Online's huge collection of reliable, up to date, vetted content for technology, creative, business and management professionals equips you with the knowledge, tools and resources necessary to remain competitive in today’s economy. Safari Books Online subscribers have instant online access to more than 35,000 books, training videos, rough cuts, short cuts (including Elements and Shorts) and more. And, the best part is the peace of mind you get from knowing that all of the content on Safari Books Online is vetted, reliable and provided by the world’s leading publishers and authors.
Knowledge and power at your fingertips, available anytime, anywhere, with Safari Books Online’s entire collection of more than 35,000 learning resources. You can view the content online or in PDF format from your computer or on a mobile device. The content can also be downloaded, saved, printed or cached for offline reading.
Types of Learning Resources and Content
Safari Books Online has the most extensive collection of important technology, creative, business and management books from the world's most trusted Authors and Publishers, like O'Reilly Media, John Wiley & Sons, Addison-Wesley, Peachpit Press, Adobe Press, Apress, Manning and many more.
All of the content is vetted, reliable, and includes the most current, relevant and best-selling titles available on the market today. In addition, key hard-to-find technology books from past versions or editions can also be found in our library. In fact, 85% of the hottest technology books sold in the retail market are available on Safari Books Online. But our on-demand digital library is about much more than just books. We take full advantage of the online and mobile technologies to provide the content you need in the format you want from the Authors and Publishers you respect.
Safari Books Online helps you hit the ground running with its powerful, comprehensive collection of over 1,400 hours of online training videos that provide top-notch instruction on web design, software development and graphic techniques from leading experts in training videos like Talented Pixie and Splash Media. You can watch the videos in sequence or skip to the chapters that interest you most. You may also follow clearly defined learning objectives and track your progress along the way. These training videos are organized into sessions so you’ll get valuabl knowledge and skills in as little as 15 minutes.
You asked for concise digital documents that provide concentrated information on new ways to solve daily problems. We delivered Short Cuts, exclusive short-topic works produced by leading authors and experts on subjects that are either too early in their life cycle or too specific to have entire books dedicated to the topic.
Q1 2010, in an effort to address customers’ ever-increasing needs for quick-to-digest relevant and focused information, we expanded our Short Cuts offering by including Elements and Shorts from FT Press Delivers. Both of these additions are focused on providing business lessons and skills training from leading business executives, writers and thinkers in short, specifically-focused essays.
- Short Cuts provide deep coverage of a specific topic, usually in fewer than 100 pages.
- Elements are the best elements of a book that are written on a particular topic and approximately 4 – 8 pages in length.
- Shorts are new works written about a particular topic and typically are 16 – 20 pages in length.
- FT Press Delivers’ Elements and Shorts provide essential insights from the best business books and original writings by some of the leading business thinkers alive today such as Jim Champy, Brian Solis, Mark Zandi, Jon M. Huntsman, John Kao, Michael Abrashoff, and Seth Goldman.
Rough Cuts provides you with early access to books – before they are published – and access to the authors who write those books. When you need early access to information about the latest technology, Rough Cuts are your solution. Rough Cuts are books-in-progress that provide early access to information on cutting-edge technologies.
Rough Cuts also gives you access to books as they are being written - a sneak peek into the authoring process. Users can help shape the content of the book by providing feedback and participating in dialogues with authors and other subscribers about book content while it’s being developed.
Rough Cuts are typically available in Safari Books Online two to six months prior to a book's publication and are continually updated.
Content on Safari Books Online helps individuals
- Learn new skills for work or personal in a matter of minutes – scratch the surface or delve deeply into the subject of interest. All the resources are at your fingertips with Safari Books Online
- Add more knowledge, skills and abilities to your employment tool belt.
- Prepare for additional responsibilities at work – especially in an ever-changing work environment and sagging economy
Empowering Workgroups and Enterprises
- Save time finding reliable answers to mission-critical questions.
- Quickly come up to speed and bridge the skills gap that often exists when employees leave the organization or when individual contributors are faced with new responsibilities on the job.
- Improve co-worker collaboration by sharing folders, search results, notes and more.
- Develop skills and update certifications.
- Positively impact project schedules and deadlines.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and best practices.
- Stay on top of new and emerging technologies.
- Improve training and support.
- Eliminate errors and speed delivery times by cutting and pasting code directly from Safari Books Online.